Mutual Mentorship for Musicians is looking for an Administrative Associate!
Please read on if you are someone who:
- Takes pride in keeping things organized and has a strong attention to detail;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Values a culture of collaboration;
- Enjoys multitasking and managing overlapping priorities;
- Gets energized by creating and maintaining administrative systems; and
- Values diverse intersections of gender, race, sexuality, and ability across generations.
Job Title: Administrative Associate
Hours: 5-8 hours per week
Location: Mostly remote, occasional NYC activity
Overview: We are looking for a responsible Administrative Associate to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks as a part of the M³ team. This is a new position that will be overseen and directed by co-founders Jen Shyu and Sara Serpa, and will play a pivotal role in the scheduling, correspondence, materials preparation, and overall administrative health of M³.
An ideal candidate is someone whose strengths lie in organization, written communications, juggling multiple projects, and technology. Comfort with and ability to learn programs such as Google Workspace, MailChimp, WordPress, Canva, Vimeo, and Trello, etc. Just as importantly, our ideal candidate shares our values of elevating women and non-binary musicians and those of other historically underrepresented gender identities in intersection with race, sexuality, and ability across generations. We encourage applications from individuals with strong cultural competencies and those who are proficient in one or more non-English languages.
Primary Job Duties:
- Artist Agreement and Assets Management: Solicit and maintain materials such as contracts, photos, and financial information in project management system and Google Docs. Handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Scheduling: Facilitate the polling and scheduling of all cohort activities spanning time zones across the world.
- Budget Support: Maintain financial logs in collaboration with co-founders and monitor incoming invoices/costs and outgoing payments.
- Email Correspondence: Support correspondence with artists from all over the world, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Event Support: Support virtual and in-person festivals and events through ticketing processes, marketing, artist management, venue set-up, and other applicable administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Environment: This is primarily a virtual position, but will require event support needs in NYC on occasion, so ideally our Administrative Associate would live in/near NYC or at least be in the Eastern Time zone. Daily communication is required, and our ideal candidate will be able to rapidly respond to tasks given. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter and/or email expressing your interest in this position with subject “ADMIN ASSOCIATE JOB APPLICATION” to email@example.com by September 1, 2022.
Please note that the selected candidate for this position will not be eligible for M³ program participation as cohort members during their length of employment with M³.
M³ (Mutual Mentorship for Musicians) is a platform created to empower, elevate, normalize and give visibility to women, non-binary musicians and those of other historically underrepresented gender identities in intersection with race, sexuality, or ability across generations in the US and worldwide, through a radical model of mentorship and musical collaborative commissions. https://mutualmentorshipformusicians.org/
For job listing on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3219154643